Blog Archive

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Starting my way back East 1 - 18 August 2014

I left left Cliffside FAMCAMP and drove WA 20 to Kettle Falls. I went through Winthorp and got turned around because of a fresh wild fire. I back tracked five miles, crossed a bridge and took the east edge of the river to Twisp and back on my route. The pictures I took got lost or deleted so it is just my word. I visited with Chuck and Judi at their newly purchased house. I helped Chuck wire in 50 amp service for his RV and got to use it with mine.


 Next I went down to Fairchild AFB FAMCAMP. I had an interesting experience returning to the RV a day later when the gate guard told me my retired (indefinite) military ID had expired and was confiscated. The young two stripper at the Visitor building helped to correct the problem and update the guard shake scanning machine. I needed a sponsor to vouch for me once my ID was invalid. That was me. Hum, at least things worked out. My RV was on base and there would have been a question if I could get to it.

I visited with Jim and Kristie at a Bluegrass Festival at Medical Lake. Fun seeing old friends and listening to music.
 Jim and I have had raw oysters before and he brought a big jar to share. Umm good.
 This B-52 on display brought back memories of Guam in 1972-1974.

 One of the HDT with a strap hanger.
 I liked this jet on display.
 I moved from Fairchild AFB to Athol, ID and visited with Curtis and Stephanie. This completes the Alaska trip in a complete circle because I was here in May before the trip. I helped install some LED white lights under their counter.
 As soon as I pulled onto their property I had a 2 second glance at their front patio and saw the BGE. Since I use to own one 1986 - 1990(it got broke in the winter) I recognized it right a way.
 They experimented on me with their first pizza on the pizza stone in the BGE. I don't mind this experimentation. Umm good.
 I left Athol and moved to Casper, WY. and parked for two nights. This strap hanger was a couple units down from me.
 I had supper with Don and Wendy. He cooked steak on his pellet BBQ. Umm good again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment