Blog Archive

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Whidey Island FAMCAMP Relaxation

Dave and I pulled into NAS Whidbey Island FAMCAMP on the 21st of July. He flew out from Seattle the morning of the 24th.  This is a nice FAMCAMP
Before Dave left he helped me remove 60 days of bugs from the nose of Monty while I washed the mud off the rest. A few days later I attacked the truck and removed the bugs and got it looking better too. This is a view I have from the rear of my trailer. And you can see they do look much better.
Here is tug and barge.

They have a nice walking trail. One of the managers has put a lot of work into the park. I am told there are seven words Joy along the walking trail I found five.

 Note they are all made out of drift wood.




Not sure where this guy came from.
We are next to the ocean so there will be some fish skeletons.
Nature does have a way of showing itself too.







Then there is the sign posts.

The sign says FLIP FLOPS found on the beach.
Art from floats that probably drifted up on shore too.
 Families use the walking trail.
The lady in black took my picture for me.
I do get to hear the sound of freedom as F-18s and P-3s do flight training such as - touch and goes .
I leave here the 4th of Aug and start working my way east to be in Goshen, IN for the MOC fall rally  the 24th of Sep. It is a little hard getting back into the travel planning routine after having a wonderful Alaskan trip planned by Greg K. He did a great job and ensured we had our next scheduled stop's Lat and Long for our GPS every departure morning. I have enjoyed this relaxation time. I got to have a great meal with at Jack & Dave's house with Mike & Shirley also. Note - Mike and I did color coordinate. Same shirts go figure.

Safe Travels All.



3 comments:

  1. So happy you got together with Jack, Dave, Mike and Shirley. I'm sure you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 of my favorite people. Montana Owners! Wow, you look so much younger without the facial hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those people are my MOC family!!! Hi! Guys!

    ReplyDelete