Blog Archive

Saturday, August 30, 2014

18 - 25 Aug 2014 Rocky Mountain Area

18 Aug 2014 I moved down into Colorado. Ron and Terry were returning from their Alaskan trip too so I parked at the the Campground close to their house.

This is part of my trip into northern Colorado from Wyoming.
 Then I started seeing the Rockies.
 Donnie (Terrie's father), Terry and Ron on their deck.
 A different sunset from their deck.
 I liked this sign at the Campground restaurant.
 Me parked out back next to a big horse trailer.
 Visitors at Ron and Terrie's.
 Not invited visitor on the road about a mile from their house. Yep rattler.
 Ron and Terrie's house. Those are burned trees from the forest fire a couple years ago. Their house was not touched, however, many in the area were not so lucky.
 Donnie and I toasting to the military. He was WWII sailor.
 Donnie, Tammie and Gary  watching Donnie fly RC. Yep Donnie and I got to go fly one morning. Wish I had stayed longer. Next time Donnie.
Donnie's glider.
Gary, Donnie (at the stick) and me watching. My glider is next to go up.

David and Donnie jamming and singing. 
 Donnie, Terrie and David jamming.
David & Linda and I moved about 45 miles by road or 25 line of sight south to the Rocky Mountain National Park.

 David & Linda and I moved into the park and found an open (2) RV sights for our rigs for Thursday night at Glacier RV park. Friday we went to Moraine RV park and waited for two first come first serve sights to open up. Because we have big rigs our selection was very sparse. This is normal for most National Parks. I did have internet with Verizon but no cell with AT&T.


  This picture is of Bear Lake.
  Saturday (David & Linda's 39th Anniversary) we drove the Trail Ridge Road to Grand Lake and back. The Alaska trip showed me vast wilderness and open space. I see that here too.
 Notice the tree line dropping off.
 These clouds in the back ground reminded me of the Glaciers in Alaska and Canada.
 The Rockies make their own weather. The mist formed the rainbow.
 Yes I had my head in the clouds, but for real this time.

 The sky started to open up as we got to the highest point over 12000 feet.
 As you can see by the sign the visitor center is below the highest point.
 One of the many Bull Elk. These were around 10000 feet. Traffic stopped for happy snaps (pictures).
 Near the top.
 A deer with a nice "velvet" rack, at least six point.



2 comments: