Blog Archive

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Back in the states 18 July

Back in the states on 18 July. 19 July I looked like this.
 Then after breakfast 19 July I looked like this. My daughter is happy dad is back. I tell people the caterpillar grew into a beautiful Monarch butterfly and flew away. I have received over 50 comments that I look better and more important "younger". I like that.
 Moved over the Whidbey Island FAMCAMP, Oak Harbor, WA.
The trailer got washed before we set up. While I was doing the sides with a brush, Dave tackled the nose removing 60 days worth of bugs. The bounce sheets do a wonderful job removing them. I finished the truck a few days later.







Sunset from the Cliffside campsite Whidbey Island.
Monday 21 July we took the ferry from Anacortes to Orcas Island, where Zig (Bill) lives. The ferry ride was about an hour long. Washington state has a great ferry system and over all not to expensive but needs to be calculated into the cost of living.



This is a view from Bill's "rustic" cabin. He has no commercial power and water is spring feed. Lots of windows and a great view. As bill says it is a work in progress with great potential.
 A view from his balcony looking towards Vancouver, BC across the water.
 Bill arriving on the whale watch boat. He is working hours to get his Captain's license. Nancy is Pete's wife and also a captain and naturalist.
 The boat we rode for our whale watching experience.
 Captain Pete at the wheel.
 A few pictures of female Orca. Oh Orca are not whales but the largest of the ocean dolphin family.




 Here is some pictures of the male Orca which has a straight dorsal fin which is about six feet long. The female's dorsal is shorter and rolls over more as seen above.










We saw this pair of Bald Eagles. The first one is center picture in the "U" shaped area of the trees. This is the adult. Moving right to the dropped down notch is the next and a baby. The baby is already full size but not ready to fly. It is still in the nest. Both are about as tall as my hip.
 Dave and Zig. Two bearded mountain men.
 Zig does not have any bears but raccoons are a pain. This guy was treed by Zig's dog Franky.
 Zig finding time to relax.
 I also found some time and the dogs Franky and Cardon joined me.
It was a great visit to Zig's cabin.
Dave departed on the 24th to visit family and I went back into the "solo" mode of "Clamping" That is Clamorous Camping.
Safe Travels All.

No comments:

Post a Comment